Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i searched for oil leaks but found nothing that helped so i thought i'd post. so any ways I have a 1994 ss 5.7...ect well its leaking a Sh** load off oil about 2 quarts a week im mechanicly inclined but this one is tuff. My Mech told me it was the oil pressure switch because he said that was leaking and the oil gauge on the dash does not work i looked under the car when i put it on the lift in my garage and it seems to be coming from every where off the bell housing off hoses the entire undercarage is coated with oil any ideas? thanks oh almost for got i checked the oil pressure gauge no leak. so yea thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
my first guess would be the oil sensor min leaks a little bit but no where close to 1 or two quarts my cars got 240000 on it and barely burns any oil:biggrin::eek::biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
It could be a range of things. May be the Intake manifold,valve covers,seals behind the OptiSpark.......clean the engine bay off.....simple green,let soak 5 minutes,lightly hose it off and look for fresh leaks when it dries.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Oil cooler lines, filter adapter, back of intake...take your pick. Do what Bates says.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i had the same exact problem with my 96 ss. it turned out to be a easy fix it was the oil cooler line going into the radiator. i unscrewed it put hihgh heat sealent or whatever on it and tightened it back on there really tight, and it fixed the problem

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hate leaks!

Fixing leaks on these rides is really fun! Still messing with mine. Back of my intake was pissin like a horse. Machined my heads put all new gaskets on the top end. Changed power steering pump, leaked on front brake had to change those. Changed Water pump and ped cock and any cracked hose. Still leaks some coolant from the new ped cock. Might be radiator?

Check the oil cooler lines, Oil filter gasket, and finally dreaded front and rear main seal. Just be patient. Clean it up, repair and replace, check again, repair and replace, clean up, check again....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Am I the only one who has had the oil pan gasket fail? But, like Angel said, clean it off first. You will never track down that leak until you do.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Am I the only one who has had the oil pan gasket fail? But, like Angel said, clean it off first. You will never track down that leak until you do.

I have not seen many pan gaskets fail. usually its always been the oil filter adapter,oil cooler lines, valve cover gaskets or intake manifold.

Once in a while you get a bad oil pressure switch or oil level sensor in the pan that needs replacing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts