Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Caprice lovers,

Part #10186118 is a fan belt tensioner but I have had zero luck finding one. the bearing is on its way out as it's been chirping. Upon removal, the pulley still spins fine but you can hear the bearings shake, so I assume it's dried out. I prefer a new part or at very least the pulley part number if anyone can tell me what that is. Perhaps I can match the pulley with a Gates part number but I could not find a part number on the pulley itself. The Tensioner part is still in good shape. I've attached a pic for clarity. I really want to avoid junk yards and electric fan retro's. I will gladly measure pulley dimensions if need be. The pulley is a 4 ribber.

And help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy GM 10186118 Tensioner, genuine OEM part
That seems to be the whole thing...not exactly cheap though. Couldn't narrow down just the pulley for you. What engine is this for?
It's the 5.7 LT1. That is the part number of the whole assembly but apparently it is no longer available by either GM nor AC/Delco. I am going to see if I can take the pulley itself to a machine shop and have them replace the bearing if all else fails. I've check several dozen online places and local stores. No dice.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
371 Posts
It looks like the flat pulley is available. I wondering if you need the serpentine grooved pulley? Almost every auto parts is showing flat pulley. A.Z. #305232

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts