Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Buick Roadmaster that never gave me any problems until last night.I got in it to go home from work started fine one turn of the key.Went to get gas put gas in it and windshield fluid.Got back in and it would turn over fine but will not start.I can hear the fuel pump turns on as soon as the keys gets turn on.Any idea out there what could be wrong with it? Like I said it turns over but just won't start.Ohhh yeah by the way the gas station is 1/4 mile away from work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would check the wires going to the coil. They leave the connector at an angle and will overtime brake off inside the insulation where you cant see them.The best thing to do, is have someone try to start it while you wiggle the wires a bit. If you get spark and she starts, you will just need to replace the pigtail on the harness.
If it does turn out to be the coil wire harness, then here is a good sorce for it and other b-body related stuff.
http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=PT166&cat=117

·
Registered
94 Posts
Gas...

Depending on how low you ran it, you may need to bleed the air out of the fuel rail. There shoudl be a cap, looks almost like a big valve stem cap, like on your tire, and when you take it off, it looks almost the same inside. Run the fuel pump, then push down the little nipple with a screwdriver until all the air bleeds out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts