Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my ar yesterday and it just cut off. I change the fuel filter, charge the battery but it dies quickly after that. I'm about to have it towed to a service dealer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pull aplug wire off, have somebody try to start it. if no spark, need to change hei mod under the dist cap.if you have fuel and fire, i dont know???

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check to see if the in tank fuel pump is coming on- if you turn the key on but don't start it, the in tank pump will run for 2 seconds & cut off. Try this and try to listen for the fuel pump hum in the tank( this may require a helper) If you don't think lit is coming on, try hitting the bottom of the tank while someone cranks-sometimes this will wake up a tired pump & get it started- then you know the in tank pump is bad!- It may take 20 -30 seconds of cranking & hitting the bottom of the tank for this to work.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First things first. Determine if it's a firing or ignition problem.

Check to be sure it has proper fuel fuel pressure. If not, the fuel pump is probably bad. But check the F.P. fuse also. Pull a spark plug wire and check to see if you have ignition fire. If not , the ignition module may be fried or the PCM has given up on you. Check the interrupter coil near the harmonic balancer for having oil on it. That could be the problem. It controls the ignition firing sequence. You can check it with a DVOM, using the ohms setting.
Hope this helps.
Master tech 40 yrs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts