Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the Optispark rotor and cap, and now have fire at the plugs. It started and ran, but I would have to push the gas easy for it to stay running and not shut off. If I pushed the gas more than just a little it would stop running. It was doing this one day before I wasnt getting spark and replaced the cap and rotor. Now it will not even start again, but there is spark, and the fuel pump is working. I didnt check the fuel pressure with a gauge. I did jump the fuel pump and pressed the relieve valve in the gas line. Gas sprayed out well, but that's all I know.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just replaced the Optispark rotor and cap, and now have fire at the plugs. It started and ran, but I would have to push the gas easy for it to stay running and not shut off. If I pushed the gas more than just a little it would stop running. It was doing this one day before I wasnt getting spark and replaced the cap and rotor. Now it will not even start again, but there is spark, and the fuel pump is working. I didnt check the fuel pressure with a gauge. I did jump the fuel pump and pressed the relieve valve in the gas line. Gas sprayed out well, but that's all I know.
Check the fuel pressure with a guage. I am thinking it should be around 60psi but I could be off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fuel pressure should be between 38-45lbs. Any less than 38lbs and you got problems... Also, make sure that you put all the plastic intake pieces on tight an there are no leaks. An air leak downstream of the mass air flow sensor could cause the car to stall or not start. Another thing to check is the 3 ground wires at the coil. The wires/eylets have a tendency to get brittle over time, and can break easily if they were disturbed when you replaced the opti...Good luck :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts