Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1992 Chevy Caprice 9C1 Package. was a Taxi cab.

Car is complete EXCEPT for the dash trim that goes around the instrument cluster and 3 door arm rest cushions. Right side rear view mirror glass and turn signal housing is also broken (was broke when I bought it)

Engine, Transmission, and Engine wiring harness are currently OUT of the car.

5.7L police interceptor engine (had suspected blown head gasket when I bought the car) was running when I bought the car 2-2 1/2 years ago ENGINE IS GONE!!!!!
700R4 Trans

I bought the car to use the drivetrain in another vehicle but have since changed plans. All i've done so far is to pull the engine/trans and inspect the head gaskets, installed a new head gasket set

Have title (its still in previous owners name since I never registered the car)

$450

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
good luck i hate to see any caprice just sit..... but that a hell of a project try craigslist im sure u cn find a buyer on there peace

·
Registered
741 Posts
Too far

Why did you have to be on the east coast? I've been looking for a LT1 Block to build up. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why did you have to be on the east coast? I've been looking for a LT1 Block to build up. Good luck with the sale.
Cuz that's where the military sent us 3 years ago :tongue: Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
wow thats not an lt1 block lt1's only came form late 93''s to 96's i can find an lt1 in colorado its just how much do u want to spend????????

·
Registered
741 Posts
Only a 350

I just seen 5.7L and didnt' look at the year(92). But I would pay a couple hundred for a LT1 block.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine now has a new head gasket set. should be ready to add fluids and go now. (after its put in a vehicle of course:cool:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts