Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about making the switch to a 9c1 digital speedo from my analog one. With all of the extra gauges, is it still a plug and play?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, the digital speedo works off of a digital signal. The analog speedo works off of a direct cable drive. To get the speedo to work you need something to convert the signal, Dakota digital makes a product for it. As for the other gauges, I don't know which ones will plug and play and which ones will not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i replace all of my sending units/ sensors with the ones meant for gauges instead of the lights, will that let the other gauges work, or is the wiring harness completely different from the analog one?

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
The factory digital gauges like in my 94 kinda suck. It washes out when the sun hits it just right. the odometers go bad and the only way to fix them is with another gauge cluster, but the mileage is stored in the gauge cluster, so you loose your true mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lost my true mileage a while ago when the transmission started going bad. The speedometer would go to 100 mph as soon as I hit 5 MPH so it's got about an extra 20,000 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
I lost my true mileage a while ago when the transmission started going bad. The speedometer would go to 100 mph as soon as I hit 5 MPH so it's got about an extra 20,000 miles on it.
Bummer , explain that if you go to sell the car :yikes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts