Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1991 Chevy Caprice 4 Door with a 305 Engine. I am looking for an Exhaust Heat Shield that is located in the rear passenger side. Does anyone know where I can purchase these parts? Thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
might find them in a boneyard but I would be shocked if you found them available new.
+1.

The 91-96 B bodies are getting scarce, especially as daily drivers. 5 years ago we would go to the local U Pull and Pay in ABQ and there would be several of these cars every time. Now you are lucky if you find even just one at the junkyard.

You might want to try EBay too for the entire manifold as it's doubtful you'll find just the heat shield. But if you're handy with sheetmetal then maybe you could make your own?

I don't know if Ford made that many more similar year Panthers (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Lincoln Towncar) but I still see these everywhere down here in the Southwest and I'm just talking about the early ones 91-95 models. I mean still daily drivers plus there is a plethora in the junkyards every time we go. Are the Fords that better built and still running? Or did they simply make more and the attrition rate hasn't caught up yet? Be interesting to see the production numbers.

The wife still drives her '96 Impala SS to work every day (35 miles one way) and she says she never sees another Caprice, Impy or even a Roady on the roads anymore.

Good Luck with your search.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts