Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A Problem My Caprice Classic Has Started To Smoke, I Came Outside To Start My Car As I Do A Few Times A Week An After I Started It For A Sec It Blew White Smoke Out, It Stopped Thn I Went To Pump The Gas Pedal An It Started Again An Stopped Then I Hit The Pedal An It Done It Again. I Brought The Car Few Weeks Ago An It Set For A Few Months. But Its Been Fine The Last Few Weeks, Can Anybody Tell Me What The Problem Is An How To Go About Fixing It

·
Registered
828 Posts
White smoke is steam. Sounds like water from your radiator is getting into the combustion chamber. The reasons for this could range from a blown head gasket to a cracked head or block, but a blown head gasket is the most common cause, and by far the cheapest to fix.

Is there white goop on the oil stick? If so then oil is mixing with the water.

Also, what's the mileage on the engine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its about 160,000 the car runs perfect, it idles fine, quiet. ive noticed alil leak under the engine, im not sure what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
where from

if it is oil burning thats kind of normal for old cars when siting down for some time , a new catalitic converter will reduce the smoke alot if not all, it did fix the smoke on a 91 caprice i had . or you might habe to change the valves seals because when the car is siting down for some time the valve seals drie up and then the oil will start geting in to the combustion where the spark plug burns the fuel and thast why you might get more smoke when you first start the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts