Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my son pours gasoline on the carb the Caprice will start up and idle until the gas is used up from the carb. The fuel pump, fuel filter, strainer, relay, battery are all new. Distributor is fine.When he pulled the fuel line from the filter there wasn't any gas coming out. The pump isn't able to pump gas for some reason? We've checked the wires/cables and general area all around the pump. Everything is checking out alright as far as the power. Any suggestions? Thank you
I'm sorry. I don't know if they checked for clogs. How does a person do that?
He can't hear the pump running at all. Where do we locate the oil pressure sensor? Thank you

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You did not say if you checked the gas lines for clogs or not.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn the ignition to run ,you should hear the pump run for about 5 seconds if working properly. Next check your oil pressure sensor . If not working properly it will kill the pump

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
When the car is running on the poured in gas does the oil pressure light goes off or is the oil pressure gauge giving you a reading? If the fuel pump is electric might try putting a fuse (Check the fuse panel and see what the fuel pump amp rating is.) on a long wire and run that to the pump to bypass the system. Warning do not drive the car this way! This is only to tell you if you have a electrical problem in the system. Might check the owners manual for a switch that when tripped it will disable the electric fuel pump. See where it is (many times some where in the trunk) and make sure it is reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts