Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
injectors in, car starts runs an drives. tune is very Conservative have a few spots of lean idle to clear up and it should be making power.
did get the rear rotor hats and calipers painted this weekend and a nice wash job

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
been a while, car has run good didnt make it to dyno it yet. been working 16hr days

picked my munchkin up on the last day of school 2 weeks ago and the back up a1000 fuel pump died. previous a1000 died the week before (it lasted 1.5 years) by then i had already sent off my a1000 to get the eliminator upgrade through Aeromotive.

system needs a -12 pickup so i went with a cell and new supply and return setup -10 from the pump to the rails and -8 return
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
[/IMG]

all finished up

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
[/IMG]horrible paint oxidation, car hasn't been buffed since 1995 (last time it was plated before i owned the car) at the very least.
you can see the sunlight reflection right above the door handle just about 4" up little light blurred spot.. i know the car looks dirty right there but that part had already been scrub washed and what your seeing is all the dirt an crap in the open pores of the paint that wont come out.. heres a shot of the rear panel i just buffed
[/IMG]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
heres the finished product
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Reactions: Old Bones

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
changed the upper radiator hose assembly last night. made a piece of pipe for a cross over below the charge pipe to keep some heat out of the rubber hoses.

·
Super Moderator
10,766 Posts
Post a pic :eek:k3:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
as soon as i can i will Bones been busy working

but i was able to save another 1977 aero coupe. Found it right here just out side of town
[/IMG]

So happy to have been at the right place at the right time for this guy to see me last week and wave me down!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
factory red on black with ac and a new th350 transmission guys even throwing in all 4 matching rally wheels for it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
washed both cars off the other day

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

waiting on some fittings to come in the the wastegate so we can get it re plumbed and retuned

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
2 separate hoses an a piece of 1 1/2" aluminiumized exhaust pipe
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

old hose used to lay over top of the exhaust cross over at the radiator end now its a tighter bend an stays closer to the fan. and the engine side has a better ark to stay farther way from the cross over pipe as well. the bar spot in the header wrap is where the old hose burned through it :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
well yesterday we were going to work on the red car an clean it out and then mother nature had other plans so we put OH on the lift and installed a new floor shifter.
[/IMG]

then this happened
[/IMG]

now my daughters car needs new tail lights and rear window trim pieces. most of the cars were damaged of my families as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
well got some more data done on the car and found out the converter is wrong and the waste gate is too small. going to a PTC 10" vs the 12" i have that's too tight. An switching to a 60mm gate over the 40mm i have now. picked this big sum bitcch up on fb for cheap and i looked it over, its genuine, not a china knock off

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So we have a private track day with the Colorado Camaro Club on the 28th of this month at Bandimere in Morrison CO. So well see if we get the car done by then but that's the ultimate goal!
did get a set of used after market lower control arms put on, need to get a pic though!

But heres a teaser for the front end, have everything i need except tires. Hint... think c4
[/IMG]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
[/IMG]
private track day friday

Reactions: Sam Axe

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
[/IMG]
got the gate all plumbed in an only making about 16psi max

swapped out converters Thursday night and car woke the f%$& up to say the least PTC 10" solid stator

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
[/IMG]

21 - 40 of 51 Posts