Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 77 impala. Living in California, there's tons of regulations that i have to comply with in order to pass smog. Can someone give me some advice, ideas. guidance as to what performance modifications i can make to the vehicle in order to increase the power (e.g. legal headers, exhaust, etc...) and overall driving experience of the car.

It currently has a V8 305 2v and there's no problem with the motor; as of now. However I would like to keep the original engine just purchase some great performance parts to make her into a sleepy beast.

My ideas are to keep the car original and just focus on the engine and have the car comply with California ARB standards so it can pass the smog inspection every time.

I am new to all this car language this is my first official project car and i am very excited about this car. Again any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone explain the process of legally swapping a fuel injected engine into a 77 impala ot other GM models in California a d still be able to pass smog? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts