Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familer with these cars? My grandpa has one and I am trying to convince him to sell it to me, but he just wants it to sit there.
Got a Pontiac big block and custom interior. Dont know what it has for a tranny. I got to drive it once accross town with him eagle eyeing me from another car.(Changed storage locations)
These pics were taken yeas ago. My sister got them uploded somewhere, somehow. I never knew they existed until a couple of month ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have him call me and I’ll Tell him my story about my Cadillac that I received from my Grandfather (Keep in mind it sat for almost ten years when I got it because he couldn’t drive) My Grandpa gave it to me when my Grandmother passed. That car was the catalyst that brought us as close together as we were, years before he honored me with the gift. It would be a shame if my grandfather never had the chance to give me this car and I received it after his passing.

On the other hand part of the reason my grandfather kept the car in tune and gassed up all the time was because even though he knew he couldn’t drive (His eyesight was bad but he did pass the drivers test and had a valid license up to the day he died), he felt like more of man knowing that he could drive even though he knew he shouldn’t. Not sure if this is the case here but it is something to consider.

~HJ

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....he felt like more of man knowing that he could drive even though he knew he shouldn’t. Not sure if this is the case here but it is something to consider. ~HJ

HJ
Nail on the head. He has some other cars that are just sitting as follows:

1997 CADILLAC DeVILLE d'ELEGANCE...daily driver...hardly ever
1987 Coupe De'Ville....Hauls aZZ little car, 5 litre motor, got some zip.
1996 Chev Suburban winter driver
1983 Rolls Royce Silver something Driver 5 times...I think.
1917 Maxwell.....Hard starting. hasent been started in 30 years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
HJ
Nail on the head. He has some other cars that are just sitting as follows:

1997 CADILLAC DeVILLE d'ELEGANCE...daily driver...hardly ever
1987 Coupe De'Ville....Hauls aZZ little car, 5 litre motor, got some zip.
1996 Chev Suburban winter driver
1983 Rolls Royce Silver something Driver 5 times...I think.
1917 Maxwell.....Hard starting. hasent been started in 30 years.
Is your grandpa a member of any local car clubs. this list sounds familiar.

~HJ

P.S. LOL at the Hauls aZZ 5 litre. Never heard that said about a 307 before.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Is your grandpa a member of any local car clubs. this list sounds familiar.

~HJ

P.S. LOL at the Hauls aZZ 5 litre. Never heard that said about a 307 before.

Nope, no car clubs. he doest like his cars to see sunlight. I would love to take the Stutz to the Summer Nats.
My mistake, the Caddy coupe is the 4.5 litre V8.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nope, no car clubs. he doest like his cars to see sunlight. I would love to take the Stutz to the Summer Nats.
My mistake, the Caddy coupe is the 4.5 litre V8.

Ahhh, Makes a lot more sense now. I should have picked up on that as it said 87 (FWD era) I think I had 84 in my head for some reason.

~HJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts