Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new to these forums but i figured this is a good place to get help but i have a 1972 impala 4 door. it has 33000 on the origional motor and everything. it has been sitting for many many years but i found somone who says they can get it running, but the engine body and interior is immaculate. and i got this car for free from my grandparents. SO, what i have to ask is will this car fit 22" rims(i dont think it will) and if it cant, how can i get a lift kit or how can i for as cheap as possable raise the car to make the 22x9 inch rims fit? also, what else if anything like spacers or offset or all that will i need to get to make it work? and where online can i find the cheapest lowest quality legit chrome 22"s? any help on how the rims will fit would be great....
hopefully going to paint it candy purple with 4 15s LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what? i got it for free...and all my friends are telling me to make it look overly gangster like telling me to put 24 or 26s on it when i just want to make it look clean. plus ill prolly sell it at the end of the summer

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
well first 22's will fit only 24's will rub u can fit 22's on almost any muscle car as for your dreams of paint and etc good luck but i wouldnt sell it specially if i got it from my grandparents they mean to much to me :biggrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was my great grandparents n they gave it to my grandmother who kept it under a carport for like 20 years. she just wants it gone thats when i asked for it, she told me to sell it but i had bigger plans... but i dunno if i make it sweet i probably wont sell it but i know my parents arnt going to want that thing in their driveway...but no way about the 22s the car is sitting on blocks right now but it sure doesnt look like they would fit, but im sure you know more about it than me, but now how much would a lift cost to run 24s?!?
thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i lift is way more than u want to pay upwards of $3000 if u want it done right ..... if u want it done wrong u might be able to swing it yourself for less than $1500 ( but youd need a car lift and alot of tools among ather shit )

id just stay w/ 22's they make most cars look good ...... i might be mistaken though u might be able to fit 24's u prob just wouldnt be able to make sharp turns at all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright yea i kinda figured it would be alot. so thers no way to just add a leaf or something just to get an inch or 2? anyways, with this car having a stock 350 what are the first things i should do to it to make it faster? and louder, and if you think i should scratch the 22" idea and go with the 10" mexican rims? bunch of people sayin i should throw spokes on and make it look really stupid, but i think ima stick with 22s

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
im mexican and i dont even really like spokes except on REAL LOWRIDERS I.E. W/ HYDRAULICS OR OLD CADDYS so yeah stay w/ 22's u can find some 22's on craigslist.com for under $900:eek::biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts