Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone: I am new to the Forum.
I have an opportunity to buy a 1971 four door post Impala.
I heard that there are some issues with the trunk vents leaking water into the trunk with this model year. True? Has anyone had any experience with this? Any fixes? Thanks.
Also, I'm not sure how to look for any answers to posts. Help?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hello Everyone: I am new to the Forum.
I have an opportunity to buy a 1971 four door post Impala.
I heard that there are some issues with the trunk vents leaking water into the trunk with this model year. True? Has anyone had any experience with this? Any fixes? Thanks.
Also, I'm not sure how to look for any answers to posts. Help?

My father purchased a new 1971 Chevrolet Impala 4-door sedan, replacing a 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4-door. I learned to drive with the Oldsmobile, then drove the Impala (until I got my first car, a 1965 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 2-door).

As part of being allowed to drive the Impala, I had to remain on the honor roll at high school, and pay one-half of my insurance costs (which were reduced by my good grades). I also had to put gas in the vehicle, and on Saturdays - hand wash and wax the car.

I recall the Impala had vent louvres on the rear of the middle trunk lid. I do not recall water leaks, but sort-of recall some type of plastic cover under the vents that helped drain away the water. I think the louvres were for a new flow-through ventilation system that had the HVAC fan operate on low speed all the time, to exchange air in the cabin.

I wish I could help more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts