Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 1970 impala 4 door with a 350 and factory air. What I'm looking for is any kind of instructions on how to remove and replace the heater core. Do I have to take the interior and the engine bay cover off to remove the heater core?

·
Registered
398 Posts
You really need to buy an original service manual. I have to done a few GM A body cores.
Remove air box/plenum under dash, that entails hardware, air ducts, vacuum lines and cables for doors, and right hand lower kick panel. I also removed my entire glove box also. The heater core should have it's own box also. Under hood the obvious is remove heat hoses and heater core box hardware. FYI there maybe a lower nut/screw that holds the inner core box thats hiding behind the liner but on a B/C body that may not be the case.

If there is and your car has plastic fender liner the remove a few of the screws on the lower rear portion and wedge a 2x4 board to gain enough space to get your arm and a wrench to loosen that hiding hardware. If it's a steel liner that remove all hardware holding it and slide it forward enough to gain access to that hardware.

You may have to bend the inlet/outlet tubes on the new one to get it to go through the firewall. If you are quick, probably 4.5 hrs and taking your time could be upwards of another 2 hrs.

Pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts