Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 Caprice 2 door hardtop. The car is currently in the body shop and they struggled to get the mouldings, that run down the length of the car, off without causing additional bodywork. We ended up cutting the clips off. The body shop does a lot of classic car restorations and they said they have never seen these clips before. Are they a one off type item?

Does anyone know where to find the clips that holds these mouldings on?

Thanks!
Ray

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't recall exactly what those clips look like, but it sounds like that shop lacks a bit of experience.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am certain they were used on many years and models of GM cars. Surprised the body shop did not have them on hand. I needed some windshield trim clips for my 89 Caprice and I found them at a glass shop. I know that other auto parts stores may have them. I have used NAPA in the past for my vintage vehicles and they could have the clips as well.
Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The clips I need are to hold on the wide metal trim that runs down the side of the fenders, doors and quarter panels. I've checked with a number of vendors I found on this site and on line but no luck so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mitch

they are very hard to find, I found some at a swap meet last year. I am still short some but you could try having them done on a 3D printer, if you have one usable.the
I have a 1970 Caprice 2 door hardtop. The car is currently in the body shop and they struggled to get the mouldings, that run down the length of the car, off without causing additional bodywork. We ended up cutting the clips off. The body shop does a lot of classic car restorations and they said they have never seen these clips before. Are they a one off type item?

Does anyone know where to find the clips that holds these mouldings on?

Thanks!
Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts