Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a new comer I recently got a 1968 impala from a flood the car is in great shape but I have no power coming from the starter, nothing no lights brake
Lights. Looking for help Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Power

First welcome. And I might as well say it because there are going to be about 300 guys saying the same thing. Put up some pics. Now, you need to be a little more specific on the power issue. Power doesn't come from the starter, it's sent to it. Except for the starter bypass wire coming back to the coil during cranking. If you have no power anywhere we need to start looking at the voltage coming from the battery to the fuse box and how that's accomplished. So, does the engine turn over? How much voltage have you lost? If the fuse box has been flooded and dried out, corrosion could be the main issue here, but also there is a relay that will direct most power also. Let's go a little more in depth. I just need more information. These are pretty basic cars.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok the + cable going to starter has power,fuse box was cleaned and is good shape no power to fuse box wires nothing. If I jump starter car cranks but that's it dose not start.Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
We;come! :beer: Lets get some pics of this beauty!:wink:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Power

When you jump start it, are you cranking it using the key? If you are, there is power to the ignition switch. I don't have a book in front of me, however it should go something like this. A red #12 wire should be coming off your battery that supplies power to the horn relay on the radiator core support probably right next to the voltage regulator. That will send power to your fuse box. check it and get back to us.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts