Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and Classic cars. I’ve worked on lots of 70’s Ford trucks and broncos so not knew to the mechanical side.
That said, I have the chance to buy a 68 Bel Air in pretty good shape. Originally a 307 car, it has a built 350 with a cam, Edelbrock performer intake, AFR heads, hooker headers dual flowmasters with H-pipe.

The issue I have is there’s some body rust on each quarter panel wheel well, some by the front fender marker lights and the inner quarter wheel wells.

Second, and worst of all it has the dreaded frame rust by the rocker panels near the axle humps.

all that said, the owner is motivated to sell he told me 6k. This was before I looked it over and found all the issues. He has 2 parts cars to make 1 solid car. He has one solid frame that is an from an SS car.

May aurstion to you fine folks is, what is a fair orice? Would I be in over my head with work? I can do all the work myself or have friends who can.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Seeing the two Parts Cars along with the Good Frame would help. Changing the Frame is doable, but a lot of work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing the two Parts Cars along with the Good Frame would help. Changing the Frame is doable, but a lot of work.
I know. I should’ve gotten pics of them. Ones a 68 impala and floors are gone but body is good. The other is probably junk except for the frame to be honest.

I don’t mind a lot of time and work, I just don’t want to spend a fortune just to get it where it needs to be. Not trying to make money off of it. I just want a solid, safe fun car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts