Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from NC.

I'm here because I bouth a 1967 Impala SS with strato seat.

Was sitting for a long while from the previous owner.

Any help on what I would need to get her going after a long slumber.
I have driven her, already. That's where I found the alternator was bad. She's hard to start, but once she gets going she idles.

First things I've found were carb fuel filter hard as a rock. I've bent the hood hinges because they seized up one day. Lost all of the transmission fluid out the rear trans seal. Alternator had to be rebuilt cause it was dead.

So, any help on these little things you guys know happen to an impala when it has been sitting. I'd rather fix them before getting her on the road and something major happen due to something simple.

I've already been told to replace brake hoses n stuff.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: LOVE the '67! I'm sure someone will give you a list of seals abd such to replace. You already have replaced a few. I wonder about valve seals since it sat for so long...? I'm sure you'll find a lot of answers here!

So tell me....WHERE'S THE PICS?!?!?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I would replace all seals and rubber lines of any kind, change all fluids, full tuneup, and new gas. That's a good starting point. I would also repack all the wheel bearings and grease all the fittings before driving it anywhere. Also make sure the brakes are clean and free moving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts