Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have most things done now but all I need to do is find a dash replacement, I have been looking everywhere and have had no luck so I though maybe I am looking for the wrong thing and wanted to ask you guys. the pic is the dash I have and I know on the impala the vents are not at the bottom but on the sides, what is the best way to make the dash be like the impala dash? Buy a whole dash? If so what should I search for as searching for "Dash" is only bringing up the gauge cluster, or is there a way to modify it in a clean way?

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
So are you looking for a new dash pad? .I'm kinda foggy about what your trying to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the dash cover the entire dash piece, the caprice had the AC vent on the bottom like mine, the impala had a vent on the top middle and two small ones on the sides I need the whole front part out of an impala.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok here it is. The Caprice in your picture, has dealer-installed, or aftermarket underdash AC. Every 1967 B-body equipped with factory AC, has a center outlet in the dash pad, and a left and right AC outlet in the lower dash, around knee level. This is true for every 1967 full size Chevrolet, from Biscayne to Caprice. I am a 67 fanatic. Trust me, I know this stuff.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Right, the Caprice to Impala has nothing to do with the AC. Both cars got the same type AC outlets like carkenny has mentioned.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts