1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
My first Post on this great forum
I have 1966 SS impala.
My problem is finding front sway bar mount bushes. The brackets have off set holes and the brackets has a twist type shape .
All the bushes and brackets I have seen on the net do not match. Moog bushes I purchased locally not even close .
Prothane brackets with bushes purchased locally that were guaranteed to fit certainly do not .energy Suspension does have a match of brackets or bushes .
All the suppliers I have checked with like classic industries, ecklers, impala bobs, do not have the bushes to fit . I contacted a supplier off eBay and he could not help me .
Can anyone help me please ? Getting desperate.
Thank you Glenn

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome buddy, I’m pretty new here myself. I’ve bought CPP products and had great experiences other than slow shipping! But it has to travel across the US to get to me, so I’m patient about it. Not sure why you keep getting the wrong style bushing. Very possible to just upgrade to all new bar.

post up a pic of your ride when you get some time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome buddy, I’m pretty new here myself. I’ve bought CPP products and had great experiences other than slow shipping! But it has to travel across the US to get to me, so I’m patient about it. Not sure why you keep getting the wrong style bushing. Very possible to just upgrade to all new bar.

post up a pic of your ride when you get some time!
Hi there ,
Thanks for your reply . Yes funny you should suggest a new bar . Yesterday I went to a car show and checked the set up on another guys car . He had just installed a Hellwig brand sway bar kit with end links . Mount rubbers and mount brackets . He also had to drill new holes in the frame for the mount brackets as they did not line up with the new mount brackets. Will try and put some photos of my car on.

·
Super Moderator
18,495 Posts
Welcome! Can;'t wait to see pics!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use my phone bc to access this forum. My pics are on my phone. Simple go to the box that you would reply with a message in. Across the top of that box is a smaller box (4th) over. Simply press it and you can choose any pic on your device. Very simple.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you made any changes to the factory stereo system? I have been wanting to upgrade mine but being in a convertible I don’t have a lot of places to put speakers! Just kinda curious what others what done if anything!

·
Super Moderator
18,495 Posts
Gorgeous 'Pala! Love the color!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you made any changes to the factory stereo system? I have been wanting to upgrade mine but being in a convertible I don’t have a lot of places to put speakers! Just kinda curious what others what done if anything!
Hi
It has basis pioneer head unit mounted under the in the middle .
Speakers are 6x9 in parcel try but also basic ones . No amps or mind blowing subs for this old boy .
Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts