Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1966 impala headliner is perfect but need the seats and carpet replaced. Anyone know about how much this will cost me? I see online the seat covers are available how hard is it to reupholster the seat yourself if I would go that route? Is it something that can be done fairly easy?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've done a complete interior on my 62 Biscayne. Replacement door panels ( very easy to swap over), seat skins, took a day to do it, search on you tube for a interior replacement, headliner was really hard, took a whole day to do. I could probably do it quicker next time, now that I figured out a couple of tricks. Cost ws around 2k for everything including carpet. Cars.com or lategreat chevy's has everything you will need.

Reactions: MixedImpala04

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
On my Impala I had new carpet, both seats recovered (with head rests and center console) and headliner with matching sail panels (C-pillar's) and sun visors for $1475.00 but it took the fellow 5 months to get mine done:bang:. I still need to work on the door panels but the OEM material is good though it does need a few minor repairs that I can get a friend to help me with. I just want the panels dyed to a dark blue instead of the light blue. And I think I can get them done for less than $150.00 total. So final cost will be near $1625.00

My guess is that for the most part you can have an interior done for less than 3 grand by a good interior shop. And less than 2 grand by a decent shop.

Also I prefer to send my seats out for rework so that all of the under material and springs can be checked/replaced as needed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I did all the interior on my GTX myself for $2000, thats new foam and seat covers, carpet, headliner and door panels.

The back seats easy
The buckets were more difficult because of the hog rings in the middle of the seats, need a full nice sunny day.
The head liner like someone above said is like a full day job and a little nerve wrecking, it looks like crap until the last 20 minutes and then it suddenly looks great.

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts