Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all:

I am considering buying this vehicle and would appreciate having some experienced eyes take a look at it and tell me what they think.

1966 Used Chevrolet Impala SS For Sale at WeBe Autos Serving Long Island, NY, IID 14960859

My father, brother, and I are all car guys, though only my father has had the means to build any kind of collection (27 Model T original, 27 Model T restomod, 62 Impala 2dr, 34 Chevy coupe restomod, 34 Chevy coupe original). I've been around cars all my life, love hot rods, and am pretty knowledgeable, though not super deep.

The car looks fantastic to me, very straight, no rust, minimal wear since the restoration. But before I shell out $$ (and since I can't put eyes on it myself), I'd like to know what people think I should ask for and look for before buying.

Thanks!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Damn - that thing is beautiful! Looks to be in extremely good shape. Very, very nice....

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Damn - that thing is beautiful! Looks to be in extremely good shape. Very, very nice....
I agree. It looks like a lot of fun. It's not stock, but I'm really not into all that matching numbers crap. What's the fun of having a hot rod if you can't modify it, right?

The 454 clearly has more to offer than a 396. And a 3-speed automatic is likely a replacement for a stock power-glide (2-speed). About the only things I might do would be to check into upgrading to a 4-speed automatic (eg, 700-R4) and/or trying to add fuel injection to the motor. That is, there's still some room to play. But even with no changes, the 454 ought to be lots of fun.

The car looks great.

Doug

·
Registered
294 Posts
It looks really nice. I wander if it's from some other part of the country than New York, though. I would want to see it in person by all means if possible. What kind of price are they asking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was asking $21,495, I have him down to $18k. My biggest concern is the overall quality of the body and and paint work. There is one spot showing bubbling/rust on the left rocker panel in front of the rear wheel, and since I can't see all of the other haps/seams/lower edges...

I've asked for more pics of these areas, which I expect soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses, btw. Do you think $18k is good, assuming only that one area of paint concern? Or would you be more concerned about the entire paint situarion, knowing lithe resto was 7 years ago and it's already showing sign?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts