Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a copy of the console gauge cluster (oil pressure, oil temperature, manifold pressure and battery) for a 1966 Impala SS? I just bought the car and we're trying to straighten out a bunch of wiring issues. Slowly we're getting though each problem but we can't get our hands on a console gauge wiring diagram for an SS car. I really just need that console circuit. My friend who's a master mechanic said most likely we're dealing with low voltage gauges and for instance, the oil temp gauge (which was cut and we're working on now) most likely runs to a voltage limiter that will drop the voltage to 5V.

We're dealing with two wires, my guess is one for the dash light on this gauge, and the other to the sensor on the engine. My issue is do all these console gauges run through a voltage limiter? into a connector? and if so where might it be located?

Thanks in advance for all your help!! Sam

·
Administrator
611 Posts
Hi Sam. Just FYI, I've moved your thread from the Site Issue forum to the Restoration forum since you'll probably get more eyes on your post here. Also, you might want to take a minute to introduce yourself in the Introductions & Welcome Forum so members can get to know you.

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 2 of 2 Posts