Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
!966 Impala SS Barn Find, I figured that get some attention. I'm new to this site. Here's what i have . 1966 Impala SS that been stored far too long, I had it in a garage but have now sold that house. As of right now I haven't found another storage place for it. So, I'm deciding either storing it again or selling it. I have a good Wife, and will stand by my decision. I was thinking of listing it on Ebay. Have any of you sold or bought cars there ? and how was your experience ? and I may need a bunch of tips. I have sold smaller items but never a car. Hardest thing is finding what's it worth and what reserve to put on it. I know I'm asking a lot with very little information. So, what the best way to get started ? Would it be better if I loaded a bunch of pictures in a gallery or a garage on this site ? I need to leave this site now but will be back later to read responses . Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Personally I would not recommend Ebay. If you decide to definitely sell it, I would post it on some of the popular web sites out there as well as consider running an ad in Hemmings Motor News.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
X2. Perhaps Dupont also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks... I thought Ebay was a good place ?? Since most sites and even this site has a Ebay tracking in their " Marketplace & Classified"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
!966 Impala SS Barn Find, I figured that get some attention. I'm new to this site. Here's what i have . 1966 Impala SS that been stored far too long, I had it in a garage but have now sold that house. As of right now I haven't found another storage place for it. So, I'm deciding either storing it again or selling it. I have a good Wife, and will stand by my decision. I was thinking of listing it on Ebay. Have any of you sold or bought cars there ? and how was your experience ? and I may need a bunch of tips. I have sold smaller items but never a car. Hardest thing is finding what's it worth and what reserve to put on it. I know I'm asking a lot with very little information. So, what the best way to get started ? Would it be better if I loaded a bunch of pictures in a gallery or a garage on this site ? I need to leave this site now but will be back later to read responses . Thanks

^^^^^^^^^

IF YOUR 66 IMPALA IS A SS CAR ITS WORTH AT LEAST $5,000 NO LESS PLUS IF ITS A RUNNING CAR IT WILL CATCH MORE $.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funny, I'm in a very similar situation with a '71 I have - barn find type car, very clean and after going through a divorce, a move, and cancer treatment I just don't have the time or energy to do the restore on it that it deserves.

I've tried ebay and craigslist and get nothing but whackjobs. I've had many sales fall through, including one guy that hijacked my ebay listing with a high value sale then told ebay his account was hacked (after I didn't accept his lowball offer). So ebay I'm afraid is frought with problems. I came here to try to sell the car, hoping for a crowd that appreciates them and doesn't want to tear them apart.

Good luck with your sale, I know exactly what you're going through.

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
Original post was 3 years ago :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts