Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, My name is Frank Broucker And I recently purchased a 1966 Impala. This car is a 2dr. hdtp. and has the 250 cu. in. 6 cyl. engine and the powerglide trans. The only option is power steering. The color is danube blue with the light blue interior. The paint is faded but the frame, floorboards, sheet metal and chrome are all excellent. My question is this: should I go all out with a base coat clear coat paint job or a cheaper enamel job. The car shows 65,000 miles and seems to be mechanically sound. Is this car worth the extra expense of a expensive paint job? Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Pretty much depends on your plans for it. You keeping it?, selling it?, driving it?, restoring it? I would go clear-coat, but thats just me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gregg-O, thanks for your reply. Since this car is a all numbers match original, I think clear coat is the best option. Also do you have any idea idea how many 66 Impala 2dr. hdpts. came with the 6cyl. option. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I will do some looking around, but back then you could order anything from the 250 - 6 to the 427 - 8, there might be some website that has some production numbers but the most rare is going to be the 427, then I would guess the 283 & 327 were probably the most popular.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts