Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1964 Impala that I just bought. the old man I got it from stated that it was an original 64 SS 327 3 on the tree. He also stated that it was 1 of 1500 produced. I look all over the internet and the only 3 speeds are 283ci. How can I verify the numbers matching, and if the car is as rare as he stated. Im not a gullible person, but iI believed him when he spoke, and Im new to all of this so sorry if these are novice questions... Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
you will need the following:

engine serial number located on the left rear of the block

head serial number located under the valve cover, transmission serial number depending on what transmission you have & the

cowl tag located either under the hood or on the door post.

Once you have those numbers written down...you can go here and you can decode and know for yourself bro..hope this helps!
1964 CHEVROLET IMPALA Information Specifications Resources Pictures

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
you will need the following:

engine serial number located on the left rear of the block

head serial number located under the valve cover, transmission serial number depending on what transmission you have & the

cowl tag located either under the hood or on the door post.

Once you have those numbers written down...you can go here and you can decode and know for yourself bro..hope this helps!
1964 CHEVROLET IMPALA Information Specifications Resources Pictures
I thought the engine ser # was on the pass side of the block at the front right near where the head meets the block ?
There is a small machined area there

Or did you mean the casting number ?

Yes ? No ?

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
It's been a long time since I've seen mine too, but I think we are speaking of different things ,,,,,,, Nyuk.

I think the casting numbers will tell you where, and what it was born as ( HP etc ) I think but that's been a long time as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts