Impala Forums banner

1964 Impala Rim/Tire Questions

20K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  redz88 
#1 ·
I have a 64 impala and would like to know what backspacing you would need for rims 15 -20 inches not to rub. I have tried to put a 15 inch rim on 275/60's in the back and I didnt even get close. I'm sure that you can fit a least that size. Could anyone tell me what they are currently running rim and wheel wise on their 64 Impala and/or any rim/tire combinations that fit well on that year? Thanks very much.

#2 ·
I have 18x7's in the front with 225/45-18, and 22x9 out back witih 265/35-22. The front ones are fine, the back ones rub ironically not on the inside or outside sidewall, but at the rear of the tire near the body mount. I've taken the grinder to that part and clearanced it without any structural or asthetic damage to the car, then re-undercoated it. The wheels are Coys C-5s, but I don't know what the BS is. A 10" wheel in the back would be too wide, regardless of the BS.

#3 ·
damn 18s in front and 22's:eek: in back bet that looks fukin mean ...... i was gna tell him that 20's should fit i ran a 265 35 20 im sure that wouldnt rub (im guessing ):cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.