Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(350 with mild cam and t400 tranny) so i got the starting issue resolved, it was the voltage regulator... NOW! the damn thing is running too rich or too lean not sure, its smoking a little black smoke, it just started today, and sputering a little bit, i looked under the hood and there is gas leaking at the gasket where the carb connects to the intake manifold (holly street avenger carb and holly street dominator intake manifold dosen't look like any spacers are there) i called autozone and the guy said it might need torked down tighter, or the worng gasket is on there, or it might be a blow back? issue...so im totally lost now and pissed as a mother at the guy that i payed to do this engine swap... it's just one thing after the other thinking of selling it lol... please HELP!
ok i just called holly tech support, it's actually a 600cfm carb, and he told me to take the front plate off the carb and clean out the float or something (he used a lot of words i had no idea what he was talking about) he said they are more than likely dirty and the gas is seeping out the gasket cause it has no where else to go, i have NOT been running the car hard or anything only been driving it for about a month since the engine swap, the fuel pump is totally mechanicle (he said it runs off the crank?) so yea this is a pain and im still losr and scared to pull the front plate off the carb lol i know a little bit just dont wanna muck anything up if u know what i mean, fuel regulator? hurm whats that do?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
If you don't know how to take a 1/2 inch wrench an try to tighten the 4 bolts holding the card to the manifold , then DON'T EVEN TRY to remove the front fuel bowl and adjust the float.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts