Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old geezer that purchased his second 1962 Impala 3 years ago. I purchased the first one forty-four years ago. The first was a '62 SS, 327-300 h.p., 4-speed, Honduras maroon . This one is an Impala ( not SS ) but I believe it's an original 4-speed, very close to Honduras Maroon. When I purchased this car it had a 350 which I quickly replaced with a professionally built 327-300 h.p. block from a '65 car. Elderbrock heads and intake, Holley carb, Isky roller rockers and cam, Hooker headers and March serpentine belt system ( expensive ! ). About 400 h.p. It's a driver but very nice from about 5 ft. Have replaced all bushings under car and on suspension, put in 355 gears with posi, new shocks and springs ( cut 1 coil off the front springs ). It rides and drives great - May take a trip up route 66 with my wife when she retires.

I'm interested in reading any inf. on the '62's.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Route 66 trip is a blast, lots of old service stations still around along the route. There is a Route 66 Rendezvous out here every year....you can expect to see between 1-2000 classics from around the country for a 3day event in San Bernardino,Ca. Look into it when you get a chance, might be something right up your alley.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Route 66

Thanks for the inf. I'll keep it in mind if we manage to get out of our starting point in Las Vegas.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
welcome i love 62's prob one of my most favorite chevys ever built !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old geezer that purchased his second 1962 Impala 3 years ago. I purchased the first one forty-four years ago. The first was a '62 SS, 327-300 h.p., 4-speed, Honduras maroon . This one is an Impala ( not SS ) but I believe it's an original 4-speed, very close to Honduras Maroon. When I purchased this car it had a 350 which I quickly replaced with a professionally built 327-300 h.p. block from a '65 car. Elderbrock heads and intake, Holley carb, Isky roller rockers and cam, Hooker headers and March serpentine belt system ( expensive ! ). About 400 h.p. It's a driver but very nice from about 5 ft. Have replaced all bushings under car and on suspension, put in 355 gears with posi, new shocks and springs ( cut 1 coil off the front springs ). It rides and drives great - May take a trip up route 66 with my wife when she retires.

I'm interested in reading any inf. on the '62's.
Hey, just joined and also have a 62 plain Impala coupe. 327-300 glide ps, mb, clock radio. 59K original miles. White out, turq in. Running old american coke bottle mags and have a set of kelsey hayes 15" wheels with (other) dog dish caps. They make repops of original caps for $400. Originals apparently were brass so bent easily. Anybody know how to turn down the volume on my orig am radio...just plays loud and louder when turned on. Thanks 327-300

·
Registered
2 Posts
'62 Impala SS

My first Chevy was a '62 Impala SS, Honduras Maroon, 300hp 327, 4spd. I loved that car and took great care of it. I Blue Coral'd it every 2 weeks, changed the oil at least once a week during drag racing season. It first ran "D" stock and then "D" modified production after I had the heads done, installed a Duntoff 30-30 cam and changed the carburetion several times. My best time was 13.87, and won several times.

After I was drafted into the Army (Nov '66) my dad traded it in along with his '60 Impala convertible for a '66 Impala Convertible.

Man I really wish I could find that car again, but with most cars that age it's probably long gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my dads old basket case 62 SS. Been apart and stored 40 Years. Been moved 4 times.since 79. Two times by dad. Two times buy man who bought it. I'm sure its going to have lots of parts missed. Any one have similar experiences?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts