Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody-I am relatively new to this forum and am in need of some help. (I also posted this in the introduction section) I am doing a mild restoration on a 62 Impala 2-door hardtop that had been sitting for awhile. As a result the trunk area is weak. I was able to locate a trunk pan with no trouble but I cannot find the tailpan or tail light panels either after market or used. They are available after market for a 63 but no such luck for the 62. Any leads would be appreciated. I am located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not available?

I could be wrong, but if these are the components I am thinking of, they may not be available for the 61s and 62s. I am currently restoring a 1961 Belair sport coupe and plan on "harvesting" these from a donor car. Same for the 1962 I bet. If you do find them, do let me know.

regards,
Tom Kochtanek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom,

I think you are exactly right that these parts not available aftermarket for either the 61 or the 62. I am not having any luck even finding a "donor car" that has a solid tail pan or tail light assembly that I can harvest. Do you happen to know of any solid 62 donor cars in your area? Thanks.

Wayne McCoy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Donor cars

Hey, there's a "Wayne McCoy" here in Columbia, MO, that's not you is it? I believe this Wayne is into midyear Corvettes (so am I).

I am in need of these same parts, so I located a 1962 donor four door car. I'm a long way from taking it apart for my project (1962 Belair Sport Coupe) since I'm working on another frame off project (1961 Belair sport coupe) that will take me the next two years. I do know of a fellow who has a '62 BA four door, it's about 30-40 miles away, was planning on taking a look as I can always use better fenders, etc. If I make it that way I will let you know.

Best,
Tom Kochtanek

·
Registered
3 Posts
1962 Impala tailpan

Hello Everybody-I am relatively new to this forum and am in need of some help. (I also posted this in the introduction section) I am doing a mild restoration on a 62 Impala 2-door hardtop that had been sitting for awhile. As a result the trunk area is weak. I was able to locate a trunk pan with no trouble but I cannot find the tailpan or tail light panels either after market or used. They are available after market for a 63 but no such luck for the 62. Any leads would be appreciated. I am located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Thanks.
I am also looking for one - have you found any aftermarket source?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tailpan for 1962 Impala

I am looking for a 62 impala tailpan - any source would help. Located in Elizabethtown, KY. Thanks.
Ya know we have a fabrication shop and if I could see one decent panel to pattern.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I do believe we could make it. Someone got one I can use as a template. I can return it soon as I am done making a cutout of the tail pan for a pattern. Who knows maybe I can make a few of them so everyone can complete their restore.
Ive got nothing else I can do but work with my hands.
All it takes is one I can pattern from to tell whether I can make them.

In the meantime Im looking for a tilt, (non column shift), steering column for a 1965-66 Impala. Anyone got one stashed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tailpan for 1962 Impala

I am looking for a 62 impala tailpan - any source would help. Located in Elizabethtown, KY. Thanks.
Ya know we have a fabrication shop and if I could see one decent panel to pattern.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I do believe we could make it. Someone got one I can use as a template. I can return it soon as I am done making a cutout of the tail pan for a pattern. Who knows maybe I can make a few of them so everyone can complete their restore.
Ive got nothing else I can do but work with my hands.
All it takes is one I can pattern from to tell whether I can make them.

In the meantime Im looking for a tilt, (non column shift), steering column for a 1965-66 Impala. Anyone got one stashed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may have what you need you need. I have the rear of a 62 Impala I purchased. I only used the trunk lid. I am about 20 miles from Charlotte NC.

[email protected]

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just want to point out that the original post was from about 5 1/2 years ago.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts