Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1960 Belair. Wipers did not work. Install new motor and switch. But the passenger arm rotates down instead of up.
I know there are two different styles of linkages in 60. I figure either the transmission or linkage is wrong. Can't seem to locate info on wiper transmissions. This is my setup.
I believe same as 59..

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
A few questions:

Did you convert from a 1-Speed to 2-Speed?

Is the replacement Motor an original type or aftermarket?

What Motor Shaft Bracket did you use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not in the motor,it's in the linkage.
1960 used two different linkages. Early and late style. Can't seem to find out if transmission and/or linkage was changed..
Not much info on it. As far as I can tell,early style pushed and late model pulled arm on passenger side wiper.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The reason I was asking about the Motor is because the Linkage has to match the Motor. One Speed Motors have 1-Speed Linkage and 2-Speed Motors have 2-Speed Linkage. Same with the Motor Shaft Bracket I was also asking about. You need to use the correct one.

I can help you better if you refer back to my questions above. Right now I'm still lost, lol.

Also I have never heard of Early type and Late type. I'd be interested in where you saw and/or learned that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've learning. Early style was a bleed over from 59. Both arms went directly to the motor. Later model used a roughly 4" strip that in essence, reversed the motion to the passenger side wiper. I have found one pic showing 59 had a different passenger side transmission.
The pic shows the difference in the two at the motor.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts