Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what delco remy model # is in the 1960 belair? Mine is a PS car if that matters, no AC. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I believe the one I have is missing the Tag, but I have one available that I took off of a '59 235 if you can't find one locally. Non-Power Steering car though.

Post some pictures of your engine compartment as mentioned the other day and we can try to figure it out.

On V-8's the Power Steering Pumps were on the back of the Generator in '59, but in '60, they had their own pump like the newer models.

I've got a '63 with a 230-6 and PS and I thought that was pretty rare. What you have is rare.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I did a little checking around and all I can find online is for added on aftermarket PS units.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for checking. Might have a line on a guy here in town. We will see. With the snow we have not doing to much. Also posted pics of engine bay in last thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know what delco remy model # is in the 1960 belair? Mine is a PS car if that matters, no AC. Any help would be appreciated.
You ask the question in a funny way. what model number rather than part number. on the tag the model number is the part number. different generators were put on so the output would match the expected accessories. for 1960-61 a 30 amp generator # 1102097 would be the base. then you move up. 35 amp #1102174. 40 amp low cut in # 1105123. there is even a 60 amp for AC cars # 1117070. do you have a generator? I would get it rewound and up the amperage output.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. I do not currently have a generator. Looking for one. Thanks for the info. My car only has the power steering, but no a/c, but like all things bigger is better I think. Thanks for the model numbers.
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts