Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started to dig into it, I could not see any fuel shooting out of the accelerator pump of the carbs.It has 3-2's and I am looking only at the middle carb. It is a 348. I rebuilt the middle carb. It needed it. However, after the rebuild, I still am not getting fuel shooting out of the pump. This is a head scratcher for me. Any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Check your Fuel Pump next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your Fuel Pump next.
Thank you. I did that the first thing. It has an electric fuel pump that "I think" is working fine. It sends out plenty of fuel. The fuel bowl in the carb is full also. It doesn't make sense that the accelerator pump does not put out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If no Lines are blocked and you have checked or replaced the Fuel Filter, I would then check the Fuel Pump pressure. If all those check out, then it has to be the Carb itself. Was the car recently running fine just before the Carb rebuild?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so very much for your help. After all of this, I put a timing light on No. 1 plug to check electrical. No light. I think that I have been barking up the wrong tree. I think that I have an electrical problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in the process of replacing the radio and I bet that I hit some wiring under the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts