Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin to get some rims for my 2007 Impala LT - Not trying to be flashy with them or anything.

I can't find a picture of the car to see the difference between the stock (16") and the 17's and 18's.

Also wondering if anyone knows the largest width rim you can use on the Impala's..

I wanted to stagger the tires by doing an 18x7 Front and 18x8 Back.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Do 18s. Sporty, practical, and fills the wheel gap. lol IIRC I have 8.5

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Yeah. Everyone loves 18s. Not to big. Not to small just right. That's what mine are.

·
Registered
290 Posts
funny thing is the back is harder to fit then the front. I wouldn't stagger them, just as wide will fit on the front and you don't want different size tires as it can mess with the 4 wheel abs. Mine are 18x7.5 with 45mm offset wich works out to a 6" backspace. That is about the most mine can take with the 235/50/18 bulging out a bit w/o rubbing on the suspension on the back. Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com has a great caculator to sho you exactly how a rim and tire will measure when you put in the numbers.
If you went as wide as an 8.5 inch rim I'd try to stay under a 35 offset although you could add a slim spacer on the back to pick up a little more clearance if needed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. Everyone loves 18s. Not to big. Not to small just right. That's what mine are.
Your car was one of the few I found around here that had the look I was going for, and it looks pretty sick. My Impala is silver, so I was looking for a set w/ the machine lip.

@ Hersbird - I would be putting the stock rims w/ winter tires back on the car.. would the staggered width still be that much of a problem / affect abs that much for summer driving?

and thanks - thats a pretty sweet site

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Haha. Thanks. And yeah. Machined lip would look pretty sick. It's hard to really find rims that look good on our cars though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I actually don't know the specifics on our abs system. I was just researching abs problems in general and that came up as a potential cause of system failure. When you put on your donut spare white ch os smaller, that doesn't throw a code so maybe the front rear differerence would be automatically adjusted for by our modern computers.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I was thinking about getting some 17's but I'd want decent calipers and rotors too... and then there's tires to fit the rims and not hit the strut... and before ya know it I'd be spending over $2000 that I don't have lol

Good luck with the rims though- I've got pretty simple taste too... just wanna get rid of the steelies :p

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
lol, nitrocide.

smith: I have 18s and I am running 245/45/18 and they're pretty close to stock wheel height, IE pretty similar overall dimensions.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^I wouldn't exactly call 18's oversized since most cars now come with them......Please stop playing the same tune even when it's inaccurate.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
I have the same as don.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts