Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I had a 160 stat installed along with a PCM tune to match. After recently having to remove the intake manifold, I found yellow condensation snot all over the bottom of it. I have since put a 180 stat in, thinking that might help. Do you think it causes any problems have a 180 stat but a tune for the 160? Should I put a 160 back in? I dont have the funds/time to re-flash the PCM. Input would be great appreciated. Thanks!

·
That Guy!!
1,424 Posts
Depending upon what was flashed, you shouldn't have any issues.

·
That Guy!!
1,424 Posts
I said "flashed" but meant inputted into the pcm. Usually, just some of the "limits" change to account for the lower t-stat.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
This really has nothing to do with the question (I don't know the answer), but an interesting read about "colder thermostats" nonetheless...

Benefits of using a "colder" T-Stat? Virtually none - but there usually are 'bad" side effects of it - at least according to this article:

http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2012/04/low-temp-thermostats-whats-the-advantage/

Bottom line - the people who designed the engine are perfectly capable of determining the best t-stat temperature to use - no need to mess with it for a "street car" - or even for a race car for the most part. :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts