Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good cheap Repair Manual for the 10th Gen Impalas?

ChiltonDIY has an online version, but I'd rather have a hard copy like usual.

Can't find one from Haynes.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Does anyone know of a good cheap Repair Manual for the 10th Gen Impalas?

ChiltonDIY has an online version, but I'd rather have a hard copy like usual.

Can't find one from Haynes.
I poked around some, but all I found were either online subscriptions or electronic versions for your computer. Haynes' website contact options steer us to social media, so I asked them via Facebook if they had a hardcopy in the works. We'll see what they say. (Once out, I expect a Chiltons concurrently since both brands are under the same company.)

Doug

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Here is Haynes' reply to my inquiry:

I do not see it on the schedule, but we are currently updating the Malibu manual which is on the same platform. If possible we will include the Impala information as well. Check back in a few months.​

In lieu of that, here's one I found earlier that I liked. It's a pdf for 25 bucks, so, for a given repair, you'd have to print out a few pages and carry them to your garage, but being electronic makes searching a lot easier.

HTH.
Doug

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug,

Thanks for the great detective work!

I saw the same version that you posted a link to, but didn't look into it too much since it was also a digital version.

Hopefully Haynes has something out in the next few months, although I didn't think the Malibu and Impala were on the same chassis...

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hopefully Haynes has something out in the next few months, although I didn't think the Malibu and Impala were on the same chassis...
Glad I could help.

The 2016 Impala Limited was the last of the w-body Impalas. The next gen Impalas (commencing in 2014) are on a stretched version of the epsilon platform used for the Malibu, the defunct Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura, and some version of the Buick I'm too lazy to look up :)

I've seen some unofficial references to this platform as epsilon-2 (or II).

The interesting thing to me is how cleverly designed that platform is. While there are some German things I didn't like about my G6, it was deceptively large and capable despite its diminutive appearance. So stretching that a few inches into the current Impala makes sense. And, hopefully, there's a little less Opel in this rendition :)

BTW, I could see me getting one of the recent Impalas or Malibus - they both look like good cars.

Doug

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to look into those platforms a little bit more. I've never known a whole lot about chassis (I'm more of an engine guy despite working at a transmission manufacturing plant). Haha.

I do love my 10th Gen Impala, and I was interested in a Malibu too until I saw the interior. In my opinion, the Impala's interior is incredible and the only flaw I've really been able to find is that the shifter sits a little too far back. But since it's an automatic and I only have to use it twice throughout my drive, I'm not too upset about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shew.... $475 for the hard copy of the manual.

You're right, they're not cheap, but I appreciate the resource!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts