Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i truly never examined under the hood that much since the car has not really needed anything. are the plugs and wires ez to do? i know with my SS it was a bear! i'm assuming ACD plugs but any recommendations on different wires?

book says tranny fluid should be changed. i do have a reputable shop that rebuilt my SS transmission but unsure how they do it or how much for this car. or should i even have it done?

anything else i need to do to keep her purring along? :angel

·
Registered
174 Posts
Doing plugs always seems like an easy job that turns into a pain in the ass, but I'm sure you can do it. Coils sit right on top of the plugs so there are no wires. The transmission on these cars has a drain plug for the fluid so that should be easy...and that's all I would do is drain it and fill it, there's no need to open it up to replace the filter or to "flush" it, it's a closed system so the fluid breaks down but nothing really gets dirty.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i truly never examined under the hood that much since the car has not really needed anything. are the plugs and wires ez to do? i know with my SS it was a bear! i'm assuming ACD plugs but any recommendations on different wires?

book says tranny fluid should be changed. i do have a reputable shop that rebuilt my SS transmission but unsure how they do it or how much for this car. or should i even have it done?

anything else i need to do to keep her purring along?
EASY DIY THINGS
Replace plugs
Replace air filter
Clean MAF sensor
Clean Throttle Body
Check PCV hoses
Seafoam treatment? (Gas,oil,intake)
Italian tune up lol
Oil change
Replace cabin air filter ( fresher air in car)

Clean intake valves ( requires taking off the intake manifold )

SHOP STUFF (if you don't have tools)
Tranny fluid drain and fill
Coolant fluid drain and fill
Brake fluid drain and fill
Check brake, lines, exhaust, mounts, links, rust, everything under the car
Alignment also never hurts

Reactions: Sawuwaya
1 - 3 of 3 Posts