Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I was pulled into pickup my release of lien on another Chevy and noticed the car was smoking...lifted the hood and found she is leaking coolant. While she was cooling off I decided to take some pics of all the damage she has endured over 10 years. She has been hit and swiped and bruised at least 7 times since I have had her. She is not all that to look at but I love her dearly. After picking up the lein letter I was going to FINALLY change out her plugs Lol. Guess plans have changed! Lol. Well here is how she sits now unwashed as it rained yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this morning I was pulled into pickup my release of lien on another Chevy and noticed the car was smoking...lifted the hood and found she is leaking coolant. While she was cooling off I decided to take some pics of all the damage she has endured over 10 years. She has been hit and swiped and bruised at least 7 times since I have had her. She is not all that to look at but I love her dearly. After picking up the lein letter I was going to FINALLY change out her plugs Lol. Guess plans have changed! Lol. Well here is how she sits now unwashed as it rained yesterday.
Turns out it is the water pump...well might as well change the thermostat then too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
They do tend to acquire some "character marks" over the years, don't they? Ah, but we love them no less.

Years of faithful service always earns a car solid membership in my family. I'd still be driving the 20-year-old Cutlass Supreme daily driver - bought new - that I replaced with my 2016 Limited if it hadn't started getting into my pocket too deeply over the last couple years.

A water pump is a reasonably inexpensive issue, so well worth replacing. If you haven't done so recently, consider replacing all the hoses at the same, since you'll want to flush the cooling system and add new coolant anyway.

Cheers!

T-

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i was happy when my water pump went out last year. at least now i know i should be good for a few years without worrying about it! lol. and really at 145k (roughly that mileage) i wasn't even mad.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do tend to acquire some "character marks" over the years, don't they? Ah, but we love them no less.

Years of faithful service always earns a car solid membership in my family. I'd still be driving the 20-year-old Cutlass Supreme daily driver - bought new - that I replaced with my 2016 Limited if it hadn't started getting into my pocket too deeply over the last couple years.

A water pump is a reasonably inexpensive issue, so well worth replacing. If you haven't done so recently, consider replacing all the hoses at the same, since you'll want to flush the cooling system and add new coolant anyway.

Cheers!

T-
It took about 4 hours at a shop and $125 but she is fixed...I felt bad because I didn't attempt the change myself. But it was fixed none the less along with the thermostat and flushed. The hoses are still good though. You're right, it would have been perfect timing to change them out though, Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was happy when my water pump went out last year. at least now i know i should be good for a few years without worrying about it! lol. and really at 145k (roughly that mileage) i wasn't even mad.
I know what you mean. I new it was a matter of time but at least it is done. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts