Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
a crx.....what a waste of time and brain function......much like wrong wheel drives in general. You kids will never learn, you dont have to own a import to be a ricer.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Though it has the jet in the back engine it is still FWD. They are using a hydraulic pump off of the jet to run a hydraulic motor that is connected to the tranny.

I would not want to be behind his car during rush hour traffic, his exhaust will cook what ever vehicle pulls up behind it. The reason we do not have jet powered cars is because the exhaust is too hot, it will even melt black top roads. Chrysler played around with the idea in the 50 or 60's but could not overcome the exhaust temp problems.:frown:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Though it has the jet in the back engine it is still FWD. They are using a hydraulic pump off of the jet to run a hydraulic motor that is connected to the tranny.

I would not want to be behind his car during rush hour traffic, his exhaust will cook what ever vehicle pulls up behind it. The reason we do not have jet powered cars is because the exhaust is too hot, it will even melt black top roads. Chrysler played around with the idea in the 50 or 60's but could not overcome the exhaust temp problems.:frown:
I remember seeing a show on that car (63 chryslaer turbine)...wayy badass LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Turbine_Car

pft hyd pump, why not let the engine do all the work LOL

Angel, look at the bright side, at least they didnt ruin a BBImp

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Nice find there 04DetriotLS, that is the car I was thinking of. Did not know that they actually had test vehicles that were driven by the public.

Now here is an engine if I had the money and time I would love to put in my Impala:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PT6A
Most notably the PT-6C with that awesome of up to 2300HP rating:biggrin::cool:.

Those engines are widely used in many different projects. I use to work on aircraft (small reciprocal ones) and loved the little PT-6's when I saw one.
I also love the sound of them.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts