Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
i think the stock 3.8 l67 sc runs 14.8 im not sure of the mph, but them are not bad times for that big of a car. i ran a 15.3 on the highway with a g-tech, and 4 other people and 3 30 racks in the trunk. fun but dumb times.

·
Registered
358 Posts
no clue topping out your car on public roads is for kids

·
Registered
358 Posts
when you say "stop light to stop light" i do assume you speak of public streets besides 95mph is much different than 140mph, plus ive allready had my shar of speeding tickets. but now that you have me thinking about it i really wonder lol.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
best i've done was about 140 w/ room to spare. I'll let you know if i ever get the balls to go higher than that on public roads ;) either that, or someone want to pay my way to bonneville one year, I'll gladly find out :biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
when you say "stop light to stop light" i do assume you speak of public streets besides 95mph is much different than 140mph, plus ive allready had my shar of speeding tickets. but now that you have me thinking about it i really wonder lol.
I was referring to 1/8-1/4 mile "stop light to stop light" sorry for making it sound otherwise.

best i've done was about 140 w/ room to spare. I'll let you know if i ever get the balls to go higher than that on public roads ;) either that, or someone want to pay my way to bonneville one year, I'll gladly find out :biggrin:
Out here we have many private farm roads to the north about 2-3 hours. They are very long paved private roads that individual farms use. I happen have a friend or two who live in those areas and we use their roads when we are trying modifications to check our outcome. Best I have done before backing out was about 150ish with old tires it got a little loose, have yet to go back.

Fuel prices for a 6 hour drive plus high speed passes make it taboo for now.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Did well enough against beemers and other higher end cars on the track, A confused wrong wheel drive car, no matter how modded the wrong wheel drive is, should not be a big issue:) Kinda like on a straight shot when the super hemi's rev on my old car, they are all purdy and shiny and reek or armor all and 100 octane and somehow after first gear (53-55mph) they gulled pulled on by an old car.

Just like i'm sure you do with many a unsuspecting car :cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
With 15 runs under my belt, the best I have got is a 14.86 @ 92 or so mph, I have to dig out my time slip. That is with my home made intake, that I feel is better than any offered currently (my opinion only) and a muffler shop's "U" bend delete.

05 SS-----no way stock 3.8 SS can run 14.8 not to mention a non-SS 3.8 running like that

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know what it "says". I have been to the drag strip, not running G-tech or what ever else. Take your car to the track and come back with what you ran, stop quoting Wiki, or any other source. Those numbers are factory estimates. And by the way, that link is a joke.....all they have done is complied factory estimates, the info for the 04 Impala SS was from Motor Trend. I'll give anyone that can get a BONE stock, no power adders nothing, $100 bucks if they can get the car below a 15 second 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
358 Posts
nap----
so do you have an aftermarket pulley with that set up or you just have an intake and u-bend delete.

·
Registered
149 Posts
nap----
so do you have an aftermarket pulley with that set up or you just have an intake and u-bend delete.
Just the intake and u-bend delete.

It runs so good I can't decide which to get first:pully or programmer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:tongue: i remeber those days LOL

I went 15.310 @9xmph w/ a GT1 cam, FWI, tune, and plugs.
I will give you props for being honest on this forum, it is refreshing! But......

I ran faster than that with: 1)home made intake. 2) U-bend Delete 3) 30ft of no traction! you must have had your ebrake on!

P.S. your third brake light sticker (exhaust vid) is crooked.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts