Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 impala that has dual climate controls and only passenger side has heat. Driver blow out cool air. I looked under dash and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*update*

Well it works now.

I forgot I have access to Mitchel repair CD's and I printed out what I needed. I found the left actuator motor and took it out. It would spin both directions when I moved it from hot to cold. I then reached up and moved mixer valve and it moved. Noticed that it was spring loaded and would default to 'cold' (I think) setting when released. Did a WTH for a few seconds and put it all back together and now it works:confused:

OBTW those screws for actuator are 5.5mm. Didn’t know metric came in 1/2 sizes when they get that small :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Which Mitchel Cd's do you have? I have On Demand 5.8. I have had them since May and they have been a big help when working on different automobiles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine did the same thing for awhile, then one morning I turned it on before leaving my house to let it warm up while it was cold outside and just had closed the driver side vents, when I came back I felt warmth and opened them and it was blowing heat. Worked ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts