Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 Impala that has a bad tire sensor that I plan on replacing . In the mean time the yellow TPMs is on. The lady I bought it from told me how to reset it but I forgot..

The radio thing does not work that is suggested for the 08 Impala.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have a 09 Impala that has a bad tire sensor that I plan on replacing . In the mean time the yellow TPMs is on. The lady I bought it from told me how to reset it but I forgot..

The radio thing does not work that is suggested for the 08 Impala.

Read your vehicle owner’s manual - some TPMS sensors of some years of the 8th generation Impala could be reset by placing the vehicle in learn mode, then lowering the tire pressure on each tire (starting with the LF) - until the system beeps.

If you model doesn’t have that feature, you will have to buy an inexpensive TPMS sensor re learn tool - very easy to use.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To put vehicle in learn mode, turn your key to RUN, then simultaneously press the lock and unlock buttons until the horn sounds and DIC says you are in learn mode. Reduce pressure in each tire until horn sounds, starting with drivers front working clockwise and ending with drivers rear. After drivers rear is learned the horn will sound twice too alert you that the process is complete.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the tire sensor is bad I do not need to relearn. I just want to reset the yellow light for now. The previous owner did this all inside the vehicle with no horn sounds or no tire adjustment..

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can't reset the tire light if there's a fault in the sensor. The computer is looking for output from it and not finding it, so the light illuminates. I have an 08 and had the same issue until I had the sensor replaced.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can buy new TPMS sensors cheap on ebay and Amazon. I've had good luck with several sets of them. For no more than it costs, you might want to replace all 4. The batteries in them only last so long. So if one is bad now, the rest of them will eventually fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts