Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two months ago my engine, abs, traction control, and air bag light came on, along with reduced engine power and service traction control messages came on, they all went off in about 30 minutes. This week the engine and traction control light came on and the reduced engine power and service traction control message. The car seemed to surge and lose power occasionally. I took the car to the dealer for a scan and the only code that came up was in the history, it was P2138 accel. pedal position sensor. Has anyone experienced this problem? I was also told that a abs/wheel sensor may cause this, but no code came up. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
2009, should be covered under warranty right? Sounds like its just a matter of them replacing the pedal position sensor. Not sure where it is, but its a necessary component of the throttle-by-wire setup. That could certainly cause what feels to be a surge or loss of power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 impala traction control

I'm also having problems with the traction control on the car it comes on and a few seconds later the check engine light any information on what it is and how to fix it would be appreciated

·
Registered
99 Posts
dam same here but my car the securaty lights stay on and i cant reset the change oil light cuz my head unit is aftermarket? does anybody knows how to reset the oil light someone said disconect the battery for a few min and that should do it. also my freeking gas gauge is going crazy! WTF. just started happening..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Stranded how? What is happening with your car? What year and engine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well here's my update, the car would shut off after 15mins or so with the Low engine power light on. We found a Dealership in Weatherford Tx. Outside of Dallas they replaced the TPS and car ran great all the way to Michigan where we are now. We also got 30mpg's all the way here going 75. Needless to say I'm happy now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my 2009 Impala as well? Is there a recall on it? I've been reading that this is a common problem
There is a recall on the 09 impala airbag but I am having problems with it. Were you able to solve yours?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 chevy impala service traction control engine power reduced

2009 chevy impala service traction control engine power reduced.One of many problems i have had with this horrible car. Please Help!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Go get the codes read.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traction control engine power reduced

I have had this same problem with my 09 impala. I have gotten the message engine power reduced and a traction control error. My car has completely lost power in the middle of the highway going 70 mph twice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't waste anymore money!!! I changed out harness, wheel hub assemble, and Throttle body. I still get the TC, ABS lights on and the car reduces power. I've contacted GM and all I go was a generic letter saying thank you for contacting us. It is pretty scary when your driving at 70 mph with a truck on your butt and it happens. I'm just waiting for that moment when I get creamed from behind....GM will be looking at a huge law suit, just like toyota had with cruise control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man this sounds exactly like my 2009 Impala.
I'm going 70 mph, then get Engine loss of power message, and Service Traction Control. I pull over to the side of the road and it runs really rough. I shut off the car.
Wait for about 5 minutes and then go on my way like nothing happened. I am prepaying for my funeral so when I get cream from behind by a Semi my family will have my arrangements taken care of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
please help me

I am having the same issue with my 2009 impala. It only happens when I'm on the road for a long period of time. First it gives me the notification service traction control, then it says engine power reduced, and then eventually it shuts down and I'm on the side of the road on a busy express way. If I turn the car of for like 5 mins it will crank back up and work normally. Eventually the traction control light and check engine light goes off. I have done research and see that many people are having the same issues. Is this legitimate grounds for Chevrolet fixing on there behalf? I have seen other automotive company's call recalls on known issues. What's up Chevrolet?? My email is [email protected] please help and no spam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the traction control service warning light and now the dings to alert me to it go on and off. Is this a recall item? It happened to my uncle when he first got the car and now it has started again. Any suggestions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everyone and their brother has had this problem. Be ready to spend $250.00 to fix it then wait until you get the airbag warning. That will cost you close to a grand! I thought since mine was a side airbag I would just leave it and go without until I was told that if one airbag goes bad, it turns off the whole airbag system! I will be trading soon for an import or a Ford! Done with GM

1 - 20 of 49 Posts