Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
SS Ride Quality

I have driven several base model Impala rental cars & now have an '08 SS. The base models are much softer riding than the SS. The seats in the SS seem firmer as well. The SS rides on high performance low profile 18" tires which transfer more road feel then base model softer tires, and likely has stiffer suspension as well. Usually some comfort is sacrificed for performance. My SS actually has some big car float that I'm hoping to eliminate with upgraded springs and struts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally thought the SS ride was way to soft, I did the Eibach springs, and I'm still looking to stiffen the ride up, I find the car sea saws alot on the highway with bumps. Straight roads, the car's performance is amazin. I drove the LS and a base package rental and they were all over the place.

·
Banned
351 Posts
I personally thought the SS ride was way to soft, I did the Eibach springs, and I'm still looking to stiffen the ride up, I find the car sea saws alot on the highway with bumps. Straight roads, the car's performance is amazin. I drove the LS and a base package rental and they were all over the place.
Same for me

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tire pressure

Maintaining the correct tire pressure, as recommended on the label on the body at front driver door will have an effect on the handling and road comfort. On my 07 SS that recommendation is 32 psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts