Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While going to O'relly's this morning to pick up my favorite can of wax to wax the SS this morning my "Service Stabilitrac" light came on. Also while this message was displayed my radio briefly cut off and then came back on and my automatic locks locked and unlocked by themselves. Does ANYONE have any ideas as to what could be going on here? I also have noticed whenever pressing the lock or unlock button inside the car all lights (interior and exterior) dim while the locks are doing their thing...:WTF::gaah: Any help and advice is VERY much appreciated..so..THANKS in advance..you guys are awesome!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Sounds like an electrical problem.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Had a problem like this years ago on my 79 Estate Wagon, turned out to be a battery going bad. Might want to check battery and ground points, a bad ground can cause this also.
Question when you say dim how much 50% from normal?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, i'd say somewhere around 50% of normal..it's very noticeable. And the service stabilitrac light hasn't come on since that day either...I guess i'll have to get my battery tested!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! I was thinking the same thing @ KING...I think I may have found the problem today..called the dealer..they said it sounded like a battery and that they'd diagnose and install a new battery and alternator for $200...so I went to O'Reilly's to get my battery tested...while unhooking my battery I discovered that the main power cable to the under hood fuse box was VERY loose from where I unhooked my subwoofer fuse line..and I tightened the nut down and haven't seen that error message pop up..hope that fixes it...I feel SO DUMB! lol

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That would do it! Hope it stays fixed.

Reactions: 63ImpalaBoI
1 - 8 of 8 Posts