Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
had my SS for a little over a yr now. it was in storage for 10 months while i was overseas and now that I'm back I'm looking to do some mods. i have done two so far. i will be getting new bumpers in the next month or so. also the pillars are pealing and need to paint or cover them...idk yet. The next mod is getting the SS on the front grill. tried posting pictures but can't.. i have a pic in my garage tab.

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
Welcome! Second for photobucket. Can't wait to see more pics

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Welcome! And always glad to see another LS4 owner join the ranks! I too look forward to the pics, and what mods you have and plan on doing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here are my two mods.. Black SS on the head least and the chrome trim on the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I like those SS head rest emblems. They would look nice on my 'SS' :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I gotta black out my front grills like that - looks much more sinister!

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone, yeah the grey SS was to plain and i was reading on another forum that they black out the inner of the SS. i just dip the chrome bezel around the grill. I'm still looking for the SS grill. Also i can't find anything about upgrading the brakes system to brembo or wilwood.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I think he means that he wants to get the grille with the 'SS' on it instead of the bowtie logo. I believe that it's actually a different grille becuase of the shape of the "base" of the SS logo it a rectangle instead of the bowtie-shaped base of the non-SS grille.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Go Get It
15,094 Posts
I think he means that he wants to get the grille with the 'SS' on it instead of the bowtie logo. I believe that it's actually a different grille becuase of the shape of the "base" of the SS logo it a rectangle instead of the bowtie-shaped base of the non-SS grille.

This was never offered as a factory option. People just put the SS badge over the bowtie "base." I believe the aftermarket grilles also have a bowtie shaped base too, though I can't be 100% sure

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I've definitely seen grilles with a rectangle base on them for the SS logo - probably aftermarket. Otherwise, I think it would look kinda silly with the tom and bottom of the bowtie logo sticking out with nothing covering them, wouldn't it? I didn't realize that the "SS" logo was ever a stock thing though!

Now that I think about it - I think the rectangle base was definitely aftermarket - probably because they can't legally use the bowtie emblem (even as base).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is correct i read it from LS4 Store.. i will post a quick pic of it. he used the door SS cause he are larger then the trunk SS...

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know another member that used a sharpie a while back, just wanted to see if u did the same, thanks looks good

1 - 20 of 35 Posts