Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 ltz and im trying to upgrade the whole sound system. I talked to a tech today about some speakers from polk audio but Im on the fence about polk audio or anything with the sound system. My real question is what are my best options, how many speakers are in my car. Also Im trying to find a good double din that's android friendly. Im trying to get rid of any factory sound equipment because in my opinion chevy's bose sound system sucks.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Lol soundsreams are not better than polks

The front doors are 6.5 or 6.75.
6.5 is the stock size but 6.75 will fit with no modification.

The rears are 6x9.

The front tweeters in the pillars are 1inch I think but I'm not sure.

So you have 6 speakers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have polk audio components they sound great with or with out and amplifier driving them. however on the bose system i think you have a small sub on the rear deck besides the 6x9 speakers that are already back there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the info greatly appreciated. I ended up getting some polk audio 6.5 component speakers, that included a extra set of tweeters so I ended up keeping the factory tweeters and just added the polk's and 6x9 polk's in the rear. I also added a pioneer avh 3500 double din and alpine 2 way amp. I haven't decided on subs quite yet but any opinion are tips about my build is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love Polk's I had some in my Trailblazer and currently have some 4 inch plates in my Silverado..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol I know this thread is getting old but has anyone installed a aftermarket equalize. If so what kind did you use and where did you put it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts