Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Impala and it has 16 inch rims stock on it which i in my research know 16s were the smallest for the model there were also 17s and 18s which what I want to do is upgrade to a set of simi stock looking 18s . Simi stock i mean they are supposed to be aftermarket but look the the double arm 5 star rims you already get in 18s but black with silver accents. My questions are 1 will these simply fit as it says when I looked at them and 2 is the any other mods like shocks I may have to do. The help the fit. All comments are appreciated on this i am at a loss on if I should do this as I plan.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hello Enthusiast
It’s my understanding that is and lt vehicles have struts w a lower spring plate which will possibly rub on 18s. An upgrade to ltz dampers is one solution but some ppl find it isn’t necessary to change dampers.
Another consideration is the wheels offset. It’s possible 18s will fit but another problem could be they’ll rub on the rear control arm.
My recommendation is to assess your desire to further modify if the 18s don’t fit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Enthusiast
It’s my understanding that is and lt vehicles have struts w a lower spring plate which will possibly rub on 18s. An upgrade to ltz dampers is one solution but some ppl find it isn’t necessary to change dampers.
Another consideration is the wheels offset. It’s possible 18s will fit but another problem could be they’ll rub on the rear control arm.
My recommendation is to assess your desire to further modify if the 18s don’t fit.
I was actually looking at changing the struts all around especially being i have 2 (front passenger and rear driver side) that are slightly bent. I was told they don't need serious attention but it was something to keep in mind. I had looked at control arms too but wasn't goign to do them but now i guess i will be looking at those as well. I like to play on the safe side of it and if it is a possible play the prevention game and just go ahead and replace so it isn't a chance of a mistake or mishap in the future. Thank you for those insights lets me know what i am looking at in teh future and can save accordingly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts